Saturday, February 23, 2013

Crocheted Flowers

Initially I wanted to learn to crochet so that I could create some fun embellishments for knitted hats. After a few failed attempts I think I found a couple of patterns/tutorials that are easy to follow and have a lovely end result.



Made using 50 chains initially with Hometown USA super bulky yarn, this flower is BIG! I haven't decided where to use it yet. I have visions of it on a child's hat, but weight might be an issue. Stay tuned!


The flower above and below were both made using the same pattern as the big purple flower, but used a single strand of worsted weight yarn and a chain of 50 to start. This creates a big enough flower to make a statement on any size hat without becoming heavy or overbearing. These flowers are so easy to make and are so cute on hats, headbands, bags, scarves, pins, hair clips, etc...



Here is the tutorial, easy to follow and can be adjusted for smaller or larger flowers depending on the number of chains you start with. The bulkier the yarn, the bulkier the flower. You can get a lot of different looks just by switching up the yarn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment