Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

This Halloween was fun. Thanks to the wonder that is Pinterest I found several spook-tacular crafts to complete the look I wanted outside our home.

The first project was very simple. The original idea came from Country Living. This is their rendition:



My version is more simple, but it actually looks pretty cool. The bats were easy to cut out free hand. Country Living does provide a pattern (click the link above). My overall goal was to create some dimension with different layers and the color orange. It all leads to the front door and that sugary Halloween candy!



I used some small logs that were leftover from our wedding as pedestals and a tin planter bucket from Ikea to add a little height. The large pumpkin was the perfect shape for a monogram and since it's my first Halloween as a Paulson, I decided to do a simple polkadot "P". Ryan got out the drill and we went to work. It turned out to be a very easy process and made for quick carving. It also looked great lit up. 


This is a simple wreath I made using a tutorial I found on Pinterest as well. The felt flowers came together very quickly. No need for perfectly formed circles of the same size here. A stack of felt in whatever color(s) you like, a little hot glue, and a wreath (I actually ripped the burlap flowers off another wreath I was tired of looking at) and you can have yourself something quite lovely.


Here is a closer look. And here is the link to the tutorial I used to make the flowers.


Add a few gourds to a vase, an antique chair...and some more gourds, and you're done! Just because it's Halloween doesn't mean the decor needs to be scary. This is a classic look that can easily carry over into November with a few minor changes. Hope you liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment